Our Surgeries History
At Bush House Veterinary Group we aim to provide a friendly, caring and committed atmosphere, with excellent veterinary care to all animals, in an environment that meets or exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
You can be confident of the best veterinary care – we are here to create a supportive team for patients, clients and staff.
Bush House has been in existence since the 1920s, initially opened by T H Jones in 1919, in the town of Llandeilo opposite the civic hall.
The practice later moved to premises in Ffairfach, which was originally the Ivy Bush Public House. This is where the practice name originated from and in 1975 we became known as Bush House Veterinary Group.
In 1947, one of the partners opened a surgery in Llandovery in Broad Street, which in 1991 moved to purpose built premises Cae Bach Surgery at the top of Victoria Street. We have recently closed this surgery.
Ammanford Surgery was opened in the 1920’s by two vets who served in World War 1. One of the partners was F.E John who left to work as a National Coal Worker Vet at age 60. Bush House took over the practice in the 1940’s. Mr Connolly is now a partner and predominately runs the Ammanford Branch.
Cross Hands Surgery was opened in the 1960s and this is the fourth branch of our strong team.
In case of emergencies, click here for more information